Thursday, April 11, 2019

A moment of healing, a lifetime of transformation


Hello Friends,


Have you ever been stuck? Do you find yourself reacting in ways that surprise you, from emotions that seem to come out of nowhere? So much of what we do and say can be triggered by pain from our past. We need healing from that pain so that we can act like ourselves in a satisfying way.


This blog entry that Cindy wrote tells the story of what happened for her. It provides a great example of what I do as I lead people to listen to Jesus through Immanuel prayer. I did nothing more than lead her to listen in her heart for what God was sharing. He did the work in her that needed to be done to set her free of the emotional pain that was stuck in her brain during the years since her mother had died. 

 Many people I meet with for years before they see a transformation. The process is gradual. Cindy was different. She was so ready for healing when we met for an hour long phone call one day. God did something wonderful in her heart that He had been preparing for a long time. 

"In less than an hour’s time my heart stopped hurting and any guilt or questions I had were gone. I knew that peaceful moment would be with me forever. . ." Cindy Dittfield. 

 For many of the painful or traumatic moments of our lives our problem was that we felt so alone and had no one to share the pain in a meaningful way. Because our brains are wired for relationship, we cannot process pain well when we feel alone with it. What we need is to find God's loving  presence there, and the emotional trauma can be resolved. This is one of the things I have the privilege to see every day as I lead people into intimate awareness.

There has been a transformation in Cindy's
 life as she was able to let go of this pain and embrace the full reality of God's love for her and her mother's love as well.  I invite you to read her blog and to know my gratitude to all who support me in the work that God has given me to do. I love to see God's Love transforming people's lives.


Yours,     Charles


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for showing an interest in what I am thinking and writing. I welcome further conversation and comments.

Charles