Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

You have struggled to receive gifts in the past,
because you thought of yourself as unworthy. 
You did not see that it is the generosity of
the Giver 
that makes a gift what it is, not the worthiness of the receiver. 

I have taught you that your heart opens 
on hinges of gratitude 
to receive My gifts of love. 

The simplest way to receive “every spiritual blessing” (Eph 1:3) 
is simply to say Thank You. 
In this you display the confidence that you already have 
all that I have promised you, and you receive in full measure
all the promises that are yours in Me.

If you say, “I’m not worthy” or “this cannot be, it is too much”, 
when I extend my hands to you, 
then your heart is deceived by doubt 
and you live as if you do not have My Gift.

This is why I urge you on 
to ever more exorbitant displays of gratitude 
in response to My Grace, 
because only gratefulness aligns you 
in the flow of my incredible generous giving. 

And so My giving and your receiving of this love, this Spirit, this Righteousness, this Divine Life that I pour out into your heart (Rom 5:5) makes you worthy of the gift.

In Thanksgiving, your heart participating in the Great Thanksgiving 
that the whole universe is involved in, 
you discover that you are worthy of My love 
because I made you to be a receptacle of glory:
My love for you, My life flowing through you.

I invite you to ask with thanksgiving (phil 4:6-7) 
because in gratitude you demonstrate such confidence in Me 
that you discover that you already have more than you could ever ask or imagine.
You have Me. 
You have My power working deeply and gently within you.

Knowing this in an intimate way, you have My peace as well. 
Peace flows from knowing that I am for you; I am love; 
I am powerful enough to accomplish all that I desire. 
More than anything else I desire you, 
and I have you as my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for showing an interest in what I am thinking and writing. I welcome further conversation and comments.

Charles