Sunday, December 25, 2011

Emmanuel

 
Charles

I love you in your loneliest moments.
When your need feels the most extreme
going beyond what another human being can offer you,
I am present with you
for all that you need.

You have seen infinite need
in the faces of your children
and you know how limited
your resources are
to meet them in their loneliest moments.

Their constant cry is “pay attention to me”
and the same is the cry of your own soul.

Just as you come up against the wall
of your limited attention span
and feel the loss that your children experience,
in equal measure as you perceive
the lack,
so you find that
I am miracle
that knows no bounds and leaves no lack.

I Am
the only one
who truly knows you
and I love.

I am all knowing, infinite Love
so I know and cherish
your every thought, word and wish. (Ps. 139)

I Am the loving Father
who dotes on every moment of your life.
I play with you
when no one else will.
I listen to you
when everyone else ignores you.
I dance over you and exult.
This celebration of the one I made
when I made you
is only fitting.
It is your heart’s deepest desire
to know how much I delight in you.

If your heart is open
You will cherish and adore
the baby in the manger
because in Him,
all Heaven adores the individual.

In Jesus I intend to reveal
that small is beautiful
in each person
especially in you.

In Jesus,
I myself present as that baby,
the knocked on door is opened
and I adore each soul
in sweet communion.

Know then Charles
that your little child within
delights in the nativity
because you know
that it is a sign of how loved you are.

You carry a crèche,
a spirit led worship scene
embedded deep in your soul.
Go there often
and enjoy.
Go there, enter in, and hear
all Heaven rejoicing:
I bring you good news of great joy
which shall be to all people,
but first and foremost
to your lonely soul
right here, right now.

I AM Emmanuel.
with you here and now.
and so
The afflicted will eat and be satisfied;
Those who seek Me will praise Me.
Let your heart live forever!
All the ends of the earth
   will remember and turn to the ME,
and all the families of the nations
   will bow down before ME
and right here, right now, this means You.
Let your heart come alive forever! (Psalm 22:27)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for showing an interest in what I am thinking and writing. I welcome further conversation and comments.

Charles