Friday, December 9, 2011

An Exercise in Listening

 Try this with me. I invite you. Close your eyes, open your mind and ask God this simple question:

Father, will you show me how You love me?

I did this one day as I sat with a person I was serving, asking them to do the same, and below you see the words that came to me. They took but a minute to write down; they still resonate in my heart now. I encourage you to put your name in where mine is written, because this is just as true for you as it is for me. He loves us that much.

Charles, tears of Joy
flowing down to water the mountains
the watershed.
waterfalls. rivulets. springs
and brooks, rivers, cataracts, oceans of Love.
waves pounding the shore
all My tears of joy
over your heart
transformed, made new
vivified by My Life.

Glory and Trumpets Charles
that is how I love you.
Glory and Trumpets and flowers strewn along the way.

and wrinkles, smile lines on My Face,
Ancient of Days, watered by tears of Joy
over you
responding
to My loving embrace
in worship.

What I heard is not as important as what you may hear when you take the time to listen to your own heart, and discover what God is speaking there. 

So go ahead, ask Him. 

Will You show me how You love me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for showing an interest in what I am thinking and writing. I welcome further conversation and comments.

Charles