Thursday, December 8, 2011

ride inside

I'm going to start keeping my fitness journal on my blog. If anyone's interested, it might inspire you to try some of the workouts with me, or just make up your own and tell me about them so I can be inspired by you.
I did 35 minutes on the rollers this morning. It was a milestone for me because I rode inside the house (too cold in the garage). Last year I spent many hours on the rollers in the house, but this is the first time in a long time that I've been able to get myself to set it all up and ride. I did something like 24 rounds of Tabata intervals = 20 sec. max exertion/10 sec. easy spinning. It was a hard workout but I felt really good. I was pleased because I was able to get my heart rate up above 180 while riding the rollers without any resistance. Usually I stick a carpet under there to create some drag. I was seeing speeds above 40mph on the sprints, RPM's above 120, heart rate consistently above my lactose threshold even with the rest periods.
Avg. MPH: 24.8, Distance: 13.3miles, Avg.Hr: 154bpm, total time 35min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for showing an interest in what I am thinking and writing. I welcome further conversation and comments.

Charles